Re: Question on Installing Oracle.

From: the_DBA <the_DBA_at_swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:00:01 -0500

I may be misunderstanding you. But, why not just run the DBCA?? You can tell the DBCA to create scripts for you. Then, you can modify the scripts to meet your parameters. On the UNIX side, these scripts are usually located in $ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/create (assuming that you're using OFA) -- go to that directory and "vi *sh." It's a simple affair. On the W2K side, there's a *.bat file that "controls" the installation -- edit the scripts that that file calls. Regardless of the platform, you'll simply need to execute the subscripts in the order specified by the "master script." Good luck...