Re: Researching the use of resource limits within profiles

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:44:21 +0200

We use "limit idle_time 1440" to kill runaway sessions instead of the unreliable sqlnet.expire_time. You have to set "resource_limit = true" which you can do in init.ora or at runtime (alter system).

However, if you have lots of space requests keep in mind that each allocation is checked against the quota system. So this slows down your allocation a bit.

Martin