Re: Oracle on a Mainfram?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 20:12:51 -0700

Marc Miller wrote:

> Has anyone had experiience with Unix and Oracle Financials on a mainframe
> env.?
>
> TIA,
> Marc Miller
> CTE
> Dallas,PA

About five years ago I was running Oracle on an Amdahl Mainframe. Worked just fine with the exception that we were always several versions behind those with Solaris and other more widely utilized UNIX environments.

So you likely can do it ... but I wonder why you would try. You can probably get equal or better performance using clustered Sequents or other similar hardware configurations. I've also worked with it on the Non-TPA node on a Teradata if you are looking to try it in an MPP environment. Oracle doesn't support it but it works just fine.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon May 07 2001 - 22:12:51 CDT