Re: Oracle on a Mainfram?

From: Marc Miller <mmiller_at_epix.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 14:12:55 GMT

Thank you for your input already. Perhaps I should have elaborated more. As I understand it, our corp. wants to partition an IBM os/390 and put UNIX on it and then run the financials from there. Our current config. is Solaris/UNIX, but we have the legacy mainframe and our IT seems to think this would be a good solution for future expansion.

Since I have not heard a lot of people saying their company uses this config. I was wondering if it isn't just our old mainframers that can't let go and that there might be significant downsides to this.

I am an old FoxPro developer, now front-ending Oracle data and am going to training for Oracle app. dev., but I'm not technically strong on the sys. config.