Oracle Parallel Server

From: mkl <mkl_at_ctel.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 19:46:24 -0400

Just wonder if anyone out there is running Oracle 8.1.6 in parallel server mode. Mainly on HP-UX 11.0 (64 bit) with servers connect to an XP256 disk storage array. Is it possible to configure the XP256 disk array so that all servers mount the same database on the same logical volumes? At least I think that is the concept of parallel server mode. Can the volumes be file systems, or do they have to be raw devices to be able to do this in the HP world?

Any information you can give me would be helpful.

Mike Received on Wed May 02 2001 - 18:46:24 CDT