Re: Selecting in a stored proc

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 19:55:02 +0200

"Pat" <p_boucher_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JZAH6.365$Wc.43374_at_weber.videotron.net...
> Hi all.
>
> We are in the process of migrating a databse from SQL Server to Oracle. I
> have some SQL server Stored procs that only make a select, i.e that acts
> like a parametered view. So they are able to do like:
> SELECT *
> FROM StoredProc (Emp IN NUMBER, ...)
>
> The stored proc filters the record on the parameters passed to it.
>
> Can we do the same in Oracle? I looked on the web and saw how to base a
> block on a stored proc. The problem is that our application is in Access
> 2000. So we probably want to base a form on an attached stored proc.
>
> Thanks for any advices.
>
> Patrick Boucher.

This question has been answered at least more than 1000 times in this group, so I *pray* search the archives first before you are asking it again. Search for REF CURSOR in the Oracle documentation (I know no one exposed to Microsoft products ever cares to read an Oracle manual) and you will know.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, oracle DBA Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 12:55:02 CDT