Re: Oracle vs Informix

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:59:24 -0700

Hans Forbrich wrote:

> I asked http://www.yahoo.com and got http://www.tpc.org/ amongst
> others. These are 'official' benchmark sites.
>
> dani wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does somebody know where can I find comparative
> > benchmarks for Oracle and Informix?
> >
> > Thanks,,

Yep.

But looking to the future one can clearly see the benchmark speed of Informix at ZERO. As IBM has purchased the product, announced they are going to roll its code into DB2 and no doubt the product is as dead as Oracle's RDB.

Meaning they will expend minimal money on it and scrap it as soon as it doesn't return a healthy profit.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sun Apr 29 2001 - 21:59:24 CDT