Listener and its log file (?size affecting performance?)

From: devdewboy <devdewboy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:28:11 -0700

'morning,

Subject: Listener and its log file
The question deals with any OS and Oracle 8.x version. If the listeners log file is hugh say 50 megs+, does this hamper the database in any way? Overhead, slow listener down at startup or during normal operation?

My followup to this is if I move the file (cleanup), is it required that I shut the listener down first and then move/delete the log, or can I do this while the listner is running?

thanks,
dew Received on Fri Apr 27 2001 - 11:28:11 CDT