Re: Suggestions for naming conventions

From: Steve Long <steven.long_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:57:14 -0400

there is nothing about naming unique to oracle. good naming practice is good naming practive.

first, minimize the use of abbreviations. call an item what it represents to the user.
second, have a "standardized" or "approved" abbreviation list when they are used.
third, maintain a data dictionary for all data elements

    the data dictionary must include the business meaning of each data item to be of much use.

that should get you started.