Re: Hardware requirements question

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:30:23 +0100

Bastiaan

Please don't be offended, but for such a project, you would be well advised to get a professional DBA in at the design stage rather than trying to take it on yourself. With all the best advice in the world that you might get here, there will still be considerations not apparent unless your expert is sitting round the table included in the conversation. And at the end of the day, when you have collated advice from here and it still runs slowly, who are management going to blame? The NG, or you?

(As the other Andrew said however, partitioned tables/indexes etc will help greatly in the performance, but there are *so* many issues...)

Andrew