Re: Oracle on Linux or 2000?

From: Mark Lutze <mlutze_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:30:08 -0000

I would suggest Linux, if only for the ease that one can remotely administer the machine. (It is 4AM your pager just went off, what do you do, drive in to work, or dial in?)

I have not used terminal server on W2K but my experience with terminal server on NT (as well as Timbuktu, and PC Anyware) are they work as long as the system is healthy. If the DB is down then it is probably because the system is not healthy, give me telnet!