Discarding records with SQLLDR

From: Jay Strauss <jjstrauss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:24:09 -0500

Hi,

I'm importing data with sqlldr (v8.1.6). I don't want to load a record if a specific field is negative. Is there some way to do this?

I tried:

load data
append
into table mytable
when my_column <= 0
(Col1 char terminated by '|',
my_column decimal external terminated '|')

but that didn't work. It seems that the operator in the when clause can only be a "=" or "<>".

I've been looking through the doc (and the web) and I can't find a similar example.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Jay

--