Re: Pro's & Con's on Oracle & SQL Svr?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:17:04 +1000

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3AC81DF2.57D8BCD9_at_exesolutions.com...
> > You're an intellectually dishonest person who can't admit that he
 doesn't
> > know the end of the 'create database' command from the start of the rest
 of
> > his create database script.
>
> Well so far, in addition to the University, I've managed to fool both AT&T
 and
> Boeing so badly they asked me to come back a second time. The local
 consulting
> division of Oracle. A NYSE listed bank. And a few other concerns including
 one
> of the Baby Bells.
>
> If you've got a problem with the fact that I didn't send you the spool
 file get
> over it. I told you I was dropping the thread ... and it is dropped. If
 you want
> to keeping beating on it please find someone else who enjoys this kind of
> exchange.

I didn't ask for a spool file. Just a report on what dba_rollback_segments reports and/or what the relevant line in your sql.bsq read. You made the claim you could create a database without a system rollback segment, I just asked you to verify it. And 'dropping the thread' as you so cutely put it is just your way of dealing with the fact that you can't. It's an approach I find, as I said, intellectually dishonest.

The intellectually honest thing to do would be simply to admit your error or mistake, not claim that something so basic as what gets created with an Oracle database is somehow off topic as far as this forum is concerned.

Who you 'fool' to pay your consulting bills impresses me not at all.

HJR