Re: Commit -> write to data file immediately???

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:22:51 +0100

That will teach me to post after a long day (and maybe never to post on checkpoints again).

Last try to write something sensible.

Checkpoint = flush dirty buffers to disk. I.E. DBWR writing.

LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT - Does exactly as Bruno describes for the purpose Bruno describes (read I was wrong sorry) LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL - Similar to the above, but specifies the interval in operating system blocks not seconds.

I believe that the documentation says that DBWR only wakes up every 3 seconds - However there was some posting earlier on saying that physical writes were happening every 3 seconds - verified by system monitoring tools.

AS an aside it is probably worth taking more or less everything I say at the moment with a grain of salt. I am currently in the middle of learning

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA