Re: Pro's & Con's on Oracle & SQL Svr?

From: BP Margolin <bpmargo_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:07:51 -0500

Daniel,

> 1. Microsoft uses Oracle as the back-end database for a number of its
 internal
> databases because its own product is incapable of running a company the
 size of
> Microsoft. In fact, Microsoft is one of the largest Oracle clients in the
 State
> of Washington (and yes I work in Bellevue and Redmond, WA and I have
 friends
> there).

If by "largest Oracle clients" you mean number of licenses, you are probably correct. But then I would expect that Oracle is probably one of the "largest SQL Server clients" as well. Each vendor is going to have machines running products from its competitors. Each vendor provides links to each other's product and must test that the software works.

However, Microsoft does not use Oracle to run its business.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.
When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated. Received on Thu Mar 29 2001 - 11:07:51 CST