Re: How to break Oracle so that I must recover from hot backup

From: Martin Schroeder <mschroeder_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:38:58 +0200

another nice idea would be to set the date some days into the future, do some inserts/updates/deletes and then set the date some days back in the past, do some inserts/updates and deletes again and then send your machine "Back to the future". If your database is healthy then play some "Back to the future, part II". Some people reported me that they tried this procedure to verify the y2k compliance of their databases and were happy to have a working backup.

Martin