Re: Best Backup Plan For Archive Mode

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:56:25 +1100

Bad idea.

Any time I see the words "worried about space used by logs", I think "you shouldn't even be in archive log mode then".

There are lots of backup threads at the moment: have a read of those. In general, being too eager to delete prior archives is a bad, bad, bad, bad idea (and makes the mean-time-to-recover much bigger than it otherwise ought to be).

Regards