Re: how to schedule a job every day

From: Adam Moore <adam_at_foo.sweet.as>
Date: 21 Mar 2001 07:57:32 GMT

>But understand that this means that Oracle will have a bit more overhead every
>single minute (or less) checking for jobs to run even though it has none.

Well - the default interval is 60 seconds, it shouldn't incur a noticeable overhead (as opposed to say, 1 second).

>> We need to create a job which run in 10:00PM every day,
 [..]
>> 1.the job execution time although approximately 10:00PM, but
>> incremental every day,like

An interval of 'sysdate + 1' means "After the job is completed, wait 1 day before running again". You want something like 'TRUNC(sysdate) + 1 + 22/24' to queue for 10pm every day. Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 01:57:32 CST