64bit Oracle 8i

From: Raymond Sebuwufu <sleepinglion40_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:00:08 -0000

Hi,
our project is building a system that is intending to use a Sun solaris E10000 runing UNIX.
Now I believe this is a 64bit machine and the problem we have encountered is the software
we were writing was specifically designed as 64bit thus we intended on using a 64bit version
of Oracle.

Much to our horror, it seem the 64bit version of Oracle is not available even if it is refered to on their
website. ORACLE also cannot give us a concrete release date.

  1. Does anyone have any ideas of how we can get around this problem. (We've thought about using different databases but this change is not desirable. Plus we've thought about building a conversion API layer between a 32bit version of oracle which allows the 64bit processes to access and this is not desirable as well. The system we are building is realtime and is expected to have very high performance
  2. Has anyone encountered this problem before and managed to resolve it. What was your solution
  3. Does anyone have any other useful additions/suggestions...etc that can help

Please reply soon if you have anything useful that can help.

Regards

Raymond Received on Mon Mar 19 2001 - 06:00:08 CST