Re: SQL> select class,count from v$waitstat; show data block contention

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:03:32 GMT

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:41:37 GMT, Anjo Kolk <k.kolk_at_chello.nl> wrote:

>type objects). So an recycle pool is kept small to leave enough buffers
>available for the other objects. If for some reason we need to access a buffer
>again that was flushed from the recycle pool, multiple processes could want to

Thanks muchly. I've been having some surprises with these and just wanted to check. RECYCLE seems to help a lot when it is appropriate, and hinder a lot when it isn't. Weird. Needs more testing, back to work on it for me.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 12:03:32 CST