Re: SQL> select class,count from v$waitstat; show data block contention

From: Anjo Kolk <k.kolk_at_chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:41:37 GMT

Normally a recycle buffer cache is used for objects that tend to over take the buffer cache in normal use (like rapid inserts into an object, e.g. history type objects). So an recycle pool is kept small to leave enough buffers available for the other objects. If for some reason we need to access a buffer again that was flushed from the recycle pool, multiple processes could want to read the same block causing an bbw. That is the only scenario that I can imagine ....

Anjo.