Re: Better method for importing?

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2001 17:49:45 GMT

> Hacking some small scripts for creating and running the necessary
> create user, role and such commands isn't so much work, but I'd prefer a
> better tool for the job. With many different applications it adds up and
> isn't always easy to verify either.

For what it's worth it may be easier to write scripts to recreate these other objects. I wrote one, for example, to produce a script recreate all the users and restore their old password. You could just as easily write a script to produce a script (talk about recursion!) to restore roles, users, and all the other stuff... Received on Sun Mar 11 2001 - 11:49:45 CST