Re: Is it possible to create a System tablespace with Local managed extent?

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:50:24 -0000

I did try this thanks Kerry - my temporary and rollback tablespaces were designed with uniform extent sizing in mind, but it didn't work.

Thanks to Howard's explanation, I now understand why. And curse Oracle for making it so annoyingly difficult... ;-)

"Kerry Scott" <kerrysco_at_ameritech.net> wrote in message news:3tTp6.116$zc5.6053_at_nntp0.chicago.il.ameritech.net...
> You can create rollback segments in a locally managed tablespace. The
> tablespace must not be autoallocate, i.e set it to a fixed size. You
> normally put rollbacks in a tablespace dedicated for the purpose, and
 since
> they usually all have the same extent size, not using autoallocate
> will not be an issue.
>
> Kerry

<snip> Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 08:50:24 CST