a general 'Transactions in a database' question

From: sdenney <sdenney_at_healthetech.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:51:57 -0800

HI all,

How does one keep track of all transactions made in a database? In other words, if I want to take a certain record and be able to browse back through what has been done with it and by whom, should I create transaction tables and triggers, or let Oracle handle it? I am looking for historical data, rather than just the ability to recover a database.

Does anyone have experience? Does the question make sense?

Thanks in advance,

SD Received on Fri Mar 02 2001 - 11:51:57 CST