Re: Win2k, Oracle8i (8.1.7) and Enterprise 2.2

From: Flash <flash_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:37:59 -0500

Thanks, Van. I have another question.

I have successfully created the repository on another machine via the configuration assistant. This process is successfully. The connection test to the other host is successful, yet, each attempt to login to the management server the message "invalid login credential" appears.

I have checked the "oms" config files, login via sqlplus successfullyand yet the message persists. This same message appears each time I attempt to stop the "Management Server" service via the control panel. I am login as the same power user/administrator that created the repository. What am I missing?

Thanks again,

"Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote in message news:9gCn6.2836$Hg.222558_at_monger.newsread.com...
> You don't need to install them in separate homes. Clean up the machine
> completely, including the registry, then install like this.
>
> Do an absolutely minimal install. Uncheck everything you are permitted to
> uncheck.
> Install small pieces a few at a time leaving
> The Web pieces until next to last and the
> OEM pieces until very last
>
> Doing it this way takes longer than a normal install but you'll be able to
> get every product installed if you wish.
>
> Van
>

> "Flash" <flashl_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > I am having trouble succssfully installing Oracle8i and Enterprise
 Manager
> > on Win2K. After noticing the silent downgrade of JRE after installing
> > Enterprise, I decided to reinstall Enterprise Manager in a separate
 Oracle