Re: Zeroising v$ views

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 00:14:03 +1100

"Andy Kent" <andykent.bristol.DontSpamMe_at_virgin.net> wrote in message news:56gn6.2370$Xe3.352917_at_news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> I want to see the effects of improvements we are making to indexing etc in
> v$sqlarea but without having to mess around comparing to old figures;
> however, it's a 24x7 system ...
>
> -Andy-

Then use utlbstat and utlestat. That's exactly what they are for. Bstat takes a snapshot of the v$ statistics at time A, and Estat takes a snapshot at time B, and then computes the difference between A and B -and outputs a rather nifty report called (unimaginitively enough) report.txt.

Both scripts are stored in the usual directory for these sorts of things -ie, ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin

Regards
HJR