Re: Zeroising v$ views

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 01 Mar 2001 10:20:06 +0000 (GMT)

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam> wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:47:59 -0000, "Andy Kent"
><andykent.bristol.DontSpamMe_at_virgin.net> wrote:
>
>>I want to see the effects of improvements we are making to indexing etc in
>>v$sqlarea but without having to mess around comparing to old figures;
>>however, it's a 24x7 system ...
>>

>Make your own snapshot of values at start time, then at end time,
>subtract the two. Kinda like what utlbstat and utlestat do. The
>volumes involved are piddly, it's worth it.

If you're on 8.1.6 or 8.1.7, then statspack gives information about SQL statements (at level >= 5 IIRC). You get SQL statements sorted by number of gets, physical reads and rows.

See statspack.doc or spdoc.txt (8.1.6 or 8.1.7) in for details.

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/