installing Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition on Linux RedHat 7.0.94

From: Faust Tanasescu <faust.tanasescu_at_toughguy.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:03:42 +0500

Hi.

I have two machines available both running RedHat's 7.0.94 Fisher pre-reelase. On on of the computers, I've successfully installed Oracle 8i server and enerything worked like a charm. Well a bit slow, but it worket. On the second computer, however, I do not have CD-ROM drive so I mounted the installation CDROM through NFS. I've setup everything as usual, but the runInstall script mysteriously stops working. Actually it seems to run into memory and takes up the whole CPU time The shell I've launched runInstall from tells me it's installing JRE, and that's all. no window appears like on the other computer.

What I want to do is install Oracle 8i client so I can learn PL/SQL on the computer without a CDrom drive. Can somebody __please__ tell me what's wrong? On the server (the one with a CDrom drive, I have error 30: somethin glike it can't access a ressource.

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

PS. I'm pretty much of a newbie in ORACLE... Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 05:03:42 CST