Perl::DBI early return from $sth->execute

From: Martin Drautzburg <martin.drautzburg_at_kst.siemens.de>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 13:56:54 +0100

Slightly off topic ...

Does anybody know a way to return from a $sth->execute right away and then check the status by some sort of polling.

I would like to have several Database connections open at the same time and let them all execute the same statement (e.g. a stored procedure). I would like this to happen in parallel. But without further action I'll have to wait until the first $sth->execute returns. Received on Tue Feb 20 2001 - 06:56:54 CST