Re: Java needed for JDBC connections?

From: Dirk Kiehne <dirk_at_liberate.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:17:20 GMT

Martin Doering wrote:

> Hello!
>

> Do I need to install the Java stuff with the server to accept jdbc
> connections, or is oracles jdbc interface a native implementation?
>

> We have problems with the servers Java installation, and would like to
> get rid of it...
>

> Martin D ring

You don't need the java server but you do need some of the java thick and thin client stuff. While installing, I used the help button to get nice info on each product that I was installing and determined that I didn't need quite a bit of the stuff.

I just checked on one machine and all I installed were the thick and thin drivers plus the java runtime environment. We make both thick and thin driver connections via jdbc for our servers and that works fine without all the other stuff.

-Dirk Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 13:17:20 CST