RFS (Request For Suggestions) - Hardware Configuration

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:06:02 +0200

Hi People,
I would very much appreciate a disk configuration suggestion for an Oracle 8i (8.1.7) database with the following given aspects:

SUN E420 (or E450) computer
SUN A1000 (or D1000) shared disk

The database is _very_ small (relatively speaking) - not more than 1 gigabyte. The average transactions-per-second rate is around 100.

How should the shared disk be configured?

Should we use RAID? If so, which type - RAID-1, RAID-5, RAID-10, other?

Remember, I have next to no experience in these matters.

Any and all suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks (in advance),
Avi. Received on Mon Feb 26 2001 - 04:06:02 CST