Re: "public synonym to be dropped does not exist" ?!?

From: dgdss <dgdss_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:24:18 GMT

When oracle runs these scripts it first drops the object it is going to create for example :

   drop table table1;
   create table table1........;

Oracle replies

   error at line 1 table table1 does not exist    table created

This is a method of ensuring the object can be created, if you had created such a object and oracle tried to create one with the same name, the statement would fail and whatever you were installing would fail also.

In short this is normal