"public synonym to be dropped does not exist" ?!?

From: vrw <linux4me2000_at_netscape.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 14:56:35 +0000

Hello everyone,
As I'm writing this, Oracle 8.1.7 EE is creating a "default" database on my Linux system. Things are moving along, but every block of 'Statement processed' messages is preceded by "public synonym to be dropped does not exist". (Then, at the end it says DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM whatever-the-current-section-name-is.)
What does this mean ? Since my Oracle Admin knowledge is still in its infancy (well, non-existant @ this point, to be honest...), I need someone to give me a clue as to what's going on.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Volkmar Received on Sun Feb 25 2001 - 08:56:35 CST