multiple oracle instances installation

From: Ravi Alluru <ralluru_at_calgary.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:01:24 -0600

Hi ,

   We were conducting a training in which several users would be simultaneously installing new oracle instances(orace 7.3.4) on the same Unix server (SunOS 5.6) with different SIDS and ORACLE_HOMES from remote logins. That worked fine ..
- But after the instance install they all were supposed to connect as a dba
user and create the database objects after starting the listener.(this all is done by a unix shell script)
- The problem we faced was that we could not start the listener before hand
as the sids were not created as yet.
- We needed to do this so that the users don't have to stop their
installation .
Is there any way all the users can have a predefined listener.ora in their respective oracle_home directories and the listener is started (listener.ora will have all Oracle sids to be created by all the users) and they all can continue installing the database objects. Any ideas ?

--
Ravi Alluru
IS Consultant