Client Server App on same machine

From: Jase <jase_y_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:21:19 -0000

I have setup a server for 8.1.7 and installed the database and external clients connect fine. The external client software version is 8.0.4.

The question I ask is can I place 8.0.4 on the same machine as the database. I am using NT server not Unix and need the client at the server location for testing. The problems I have come across so far is because of two oracle homes the DLL's get overwritten. Is there an easy way around this. For those of you who may say I should use the 8.1.7 client unfortunately I cannot due to application restrictions.

Thanks in advance

Jase Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 16:21:19 CST