oracle's portal-to-go (oracle 9i) issues

From: matthew denner <matt_at_evtechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:24:21 +0000

Dear all,

we're currently trying to get a demo of oracle's portal-to-go to work with anything other than a browser, ideally we'd like a nokia 7110 to work for a start! in the documentation it says that if you make a request to /ptg/server/papz/parm.jsp with a phone emulator you should get back a WML output. however, when we try this we get:

JSP Error
Exception:
oracle.panama.PanamaRuntimeException: Error in expression: '*|/'.
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.panama.PanamaRuntimeException.(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.panama.PanamaRuntimeException.(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.panama.core.parm.AttackHttpImpl.getLoginPage(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.panama.ParmImpl.doGet(Compiled Code)
        at _papz._parm._jspService(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.jsp.runtime.HttpJsp.service(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.jsp.app.JspApplication.dispatchRequest(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.doDispatch(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.internalService(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

this looks like it should be an XSL issue but we've searched all of the XSLs we could find for this string and there are none (we even renamed them all to see if we could get a different error!). note that we haven't done anything to the oracle9i install and that this could be our problem!

couple of really simple questions:

  1. why are we getting this error?
  2. what should we be doing?

all feedback gratefully received (desperation setting in ;)

Cheers,
Matt

p.s. apologies if these are the wrong groups; point me in the right direction

Sessami is a trademark of Escape Velocity Technology Mobile Services Limited. All information contained in this e-mail is confidential and for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this message in error please notify. Received on Tue Feb 20 2001 - 15:24:21 CST