Re: Porting Sybase to Oracle

From: Uchakra <uchakra_at_aol.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 04:23:30 GMT

Oracle migration workbench is a good tool. Download from the Oracle technet site and evaluate by migrating a development/test database or a simple pub database into
Oracle and see how you like it.

I did one. I feel it's reasonably good, although not perfect. The main problem I had was with SQL92 standard syntax
of Sybase/sql-server not translated
correctly into oracle. Examples are
joins using inner join and outer join keywords and delete statements with a where clause that includes joins.
However, it create a list of store procs or procedures that couldn't be converted
perfectly with clearly marked areas of
problems.

I used it almost a year ago and I am sure by now there have a lot of improvements, and may be the problems I encountered don't exist any longer.

Regards
Willy Received on Mon Feb 19 2001 - 22:23:30 CST