checking file status

From: Sean Rodgers <srodgers2000_at_po80dh.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:21:10 -0000

Hi...

    I am a newbie DBA and I have to implement a routine to check that a file has been emptied every 1/2 hour on the operating system (uses EDI I think for processing of internet orders) and e-mail me if has not been emptied after that time.

    I have other database checks to carry out as well and am using pl/sql
(utl_smtp) to e-mail me of any problems that there is with those.

    Can anyone suggest a way of incorporating a way to check on the status of a file
(Sun Solaris O/S) and get the result back into the pl/sql routine for
processing or is there a much easier way to carry out this check?

Server :Oracle 8.1.5

I'm still in the dark a little as I have not yet got to see the server that hosts the database!!!

    Thanks..

    Sean Rodgers Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 08:21:10 CST