Re: how to pass a resultset out of a store procedure

From: <oradba_at_sybrandb.-deletethisbit-demon.nl>
Date: 13 Feb 2001 04:04:39 -0800

In article <rF8i6.8479$R45.2723679_at_typhoon2.ba-dsg.net>, "Surti" says...

>If i want to write a statement "select * from abc" (which returns multiple
>records with multiple fields) then how can i pass this resultset to me front
>end. the output parameters won't work here as I need to pass out multiple
>records
>
>Any help will be appreciated

This is just sooooo boring.
This question has been asked and answered a million times. If google.com didn't buy deja and took down the usenet archives I wouldn't even have bothered answered it.
So
please refer to your documentation, to 'REF CURSOR' or visit the site of Thomas Kyte
or read the book of Steven Feuerstein on PL/SQL

If you are from a sqlserver background, you best try to learn Oracle and not port your sqlserver habits to Oracle. DBAs won't like you do that. In short: Oracle is a different beast, which can't be learned by hacking away and relying on Usenet.
Please also stop crossposting to all Oracle newsgroups, you don't get a bigger audience.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 06:04:39 CST