Re: Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should I use?

From: Mark Yudkin <myudkin_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:12:24 +0100

You received reasons not to use MySQL. Otherwise, there isn't much to choose between DB2 an Oracle (they're different, but unless you specify what you consider important, how can anybody rate them?)

Elsewhere Sybase and Informix are mentioned. I find Sybase a pain in the butt, and would avoid it if I didn't have to use it for a paritcular project.

Another "good" DB (assuming you're on NT / W2K) is MS SQL Server 2000 (now that should start a flame war here!)