Re: Oracle-(server) and Macintosh

From: Gordon Cartwright <gordon_cartwright_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 23:27:41 +0000

I did have this problem at one time, but I'm sorry I can't remember what I did to resolve it. If I remember rightly it happened when I upgraded to MacOS 9. Things were working fine at 8.6, then I upgraded and got two errors. The one you have mentioned and another with the Oracle folder being treated as a MacOS Package. The package was easily sorted, but I can't remember what cured the other problem.

I'm now working on MacOS 9.1 and things are fine on that too - None of which helps much ;-) I've even tried running 8.1 on my old performa to see if I can recreate your setup, but I don't get a problem on that, so I'm stumped.

I'm using SQL*PLUS v 3.3.2.0.2 at the moment, but have tried to re-create the problem with 3.1.3.5.3 too. What version do you have?