Re: export table > 2G

From: John Morrison <jdmorri_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:07:38 +1100

The other thing we used to do, particularly with version 6 was to use dd to write appropriate numbers of blocks and keep generating a new file each time dd had produced a file. Thus, the one compressed input stream (from a named pipe from export) could be broken up into multiple files. Import was easy, 'cause they simply got cat'ed together, then to uncompress and then to the named pipe.