A strange phenomonon in shutdown with Normal

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 05:27:34 GMT

I find in order to shutdown my database in Oracle8.1.6 on NT4.0, I have to first shutdown with abort, and then start it again, and then I can shutdown with normal.
Even if you shutdown with normal option, and then start it again, you can not shutdown with normal again, you have to shut it down with abort first, and start again, and then shutdown normally. However, you can shutdown with immediate.
I don't know why Oracle design in this way. In previous versions, I have never happened to be like this.

Zhenming Received on Sat Feb 03 2001 - 23:27:34 CST