Re: move datafile from file system to raw device

From: tak lam <taklam_at_graduate.hku.hk>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 01:49:31 +0000

Hi,

Actually i did.

The question is, after i do dd, if i wana to use back the file system datafile, the error prompts out..

such that:

(1) offline tablespace (with only one data file)
(2) dd the datafile to raw device
(3) alter location of the datafile from original to raw device
(4) alter back the location of datafile so it's pointing to the file system
file
(5) alter the tablespace online ==> error comes out saying the file system file need media recovery..

so ? where will be the problem?