Re: Oracle 8.1.7 on W2K Server ready for prime time?

From: Patrick Dean Rusk <ruskies_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 03:34:54 GMT

You probably could have avoided reinstalling W2K by following Oracle's instructions for completely de-installing the product on NT, found at:

http://otn.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/nt.816/a73010/deinstal.htm#1055941

While it would have been nice of them to write a deinstaller that worked completely, they, at least, to their credit, documented what stuff their deinstaller might miss. It's not complete, but if you follow their instructions and then do some further searches in the W2K registry for "Oracle", you should be OK.

My final successful install of 8.1.6 followed about 5 other permutations of 8.1.7 before I backed off.

Pat