Re: Tablespace sharing in Oracle 7.3

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:45:36 -0600

this sounds like a really bad idea to me, and i don't see what you would gain from a setup like this. i am unaware of anything from oracle that would allow you to do something like this, other than parallel server.

i think it would be a better idea to have each server manage its own database, and implement a mechanism to replicate data between the two databases.

one alternative you might consider is creating a database link between the two instances to allow one instance to query data.