Tablespace sharing in Oracle 7.3

From: Antonio Sant <asant_at_iol.it>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:04:02 GMT

I'm wondering if this can be done:

Suppose that we have 2 instance: A and B, on different server connected to a file server via high-speed network.

What I'm tring to do is:

Defining the two instance in the following way:

A={ data_table_space1, index_table_space1} U {shared_data_table_space}

B={shared_data_table_space}

and work with them in this way:

set shared_data_table_space offline, for A during the day so reports that work on B can have up to date information

set shared_data_table_space offline, for B during the nigth batch process, so we can modify information from the A instance.

The shared_data_table_space is marked as read-only for B and r/w for A.

Any comments?

Thanks for reading. Received on Sun Jan 28 2001 - 13:04:02 CST