Autoextend - where in the data dictionary ?

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:53:19 -0000

I have a weird problem :

Oracle 7.3.4.4 on AIX 4.3.3

out of the blue I started to get a load of ORA 376's (file offline). Checked the files and they had a status of recover. Checked Alert Log and there were a load of os level errors saying no space left on device. Checked filesystem and it's 100% full.

Now I was able to get round this but I have checked (via enterprise manager) and the files are NOT aoutextend (I never like auto extend anyway). I'd like to check this in the data dictionary, but can't find the relevant view. It does seem like the file system space is being 'nibbled' away over time and I'm racking my brain trying think how !!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,
Neil C. Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 04:53:19 CST