Re: Using external data in oracle?

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 02:04:55 GMT

In article <94l6q5$s82$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Oracle 9i will have this capability (how's that for an utterly
> unhelpful reply). In the mean time you could try to pass in the data
> as a varray or nested table and then use the TABLE function to make
 the
> data selectable.

I did try this and found that the insert was much faster however the query using the table function was almost twice as slow as the one that used the in list operator.

were you inserting into a global temporary table when
> you tried the insert? if not (and if your on 8i) you could give that a
> try as well, it should speed up the insert by about 2x.

I'm running 8.1.6 and I will look into your suggestion.

Thanks for your help.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 20:04:55 CST