Re: To follow responders -- building an FAQ

From: The Tentative DBA.... <mick_rice_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:42:20 GMT

Frank gets my vote, absolutely !

I think a FAQ would be a good idea and I'd certainly read it myself. I'd like to think that as a DBA I'm somewhere halfway in between the newbie and the seasoned pro. This forum has been a great learning tool for me and as such I'd hate to see it become restrictive or to change in any way that would 'put off' the uninitiated. When I started to work in IT first I remember really wanting to thump a few of the smart arses who repeated "RTFM" about six times a day to anyone who'd listen and then sit back and smile. More often than not, that attitude had more to do with self-gratification than getting the job done. I certainly do appreciate all the contributions that have been made here from very experienced DBA's and have benefited from good advice on occasion and I've learned a lot about a wide range of Oracle topics, some of which I'd never even thought of before. I also agree that some contributers could search the previous contributions before posting, but as they say 'what you gonna do' ? If any guru out there is *really* cheesed off at the repetitive or basic nature of the questions then perhaps they could save themselves the trouble...

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 07:42:20 CST